2014/09/02

Liverpool's Daniel Agger

Of course this was coming... there was always going to be a post about him. I am pretty sure you guys know how emotional I was when Torres left Liverpool, and went on to saying HE NEVER KISSED THE BADGE and how CHELSEA WAS THE BEST ENGLISH CLUB. It's not about the facts that hurt but the way he seemingly wanted to get rid of any link he had with The Reds. The ones that made him so prolific in the Premier League and yet this was what we got in return, and THAT HURT. This time... Daniel Agger. 

 

Danny boy was like a patch that covered my sadness in not having a favorite player on the field. Stevie G is different, every Liverpool fan loves him and it's like something natural he's first place. So removing him out of the equation, I found myself really like Agger's tackles.. How he bloody punched Torres in the face (DESERVED THAT) and of course his looks. I loved everything about him.


But as always... Players have gotta go... He left but with a heavy heart. I was initially happy as the transfer deadline was ending and he was still a Liverpool player. THEN it came... it was coming for a long time. Since 4-5 months ago, rumors of him leaving the club. I prepared for it, but it was never enough. I literally cried for 2 days. Scrolling through my Tumblr seeing pictures of him and how proud he was to be Liverpool's Vice-Captain, and how much Liverpool meant to him. My wallpaper of my laptop and iPhone was of him, and that made it worst. But I guess we all have to get over sad things.




It will get better because he's back in Brondby... where he will always be adored - something he should deserve nonetheless - and back at home for him. And knowing that he loved Liverpool is more than enough.

"Liverpool has been such a big part of my life and my family’s lives for so long that leaving is extremely difficult.

"I’ll start by saying that Liverpool fans constantly keep surprising me. Since the news broke about the transfer, I have received so many positive messages and well-wishing for the future – not just from supporters in Liverpool but across the world.

"My family and I have always felt your backing, it is something unique to this football club, this city and our supporters – it’s been a privilege to have represented this club and I’m forever thankful for everything I have learnt during my time here.

"When I joined this great club, I came here as a 21 year old boy with a lot to learn. Liverpool has helped me grow up and shape me into the man I am today. I’m proud of who I’ve become and I wouldn’t be the person I am today without my time at Liverpool.

"I’ve been honoured to live in this close knit city and my experiences as a Liverpudlian are unforgettable. I’d finally like to wish the club all the best for this season. I’ll be supporting you every step of the way, as will millions of others. You’ll Never Walk Alone."
Embedded image permalink
I love you so much Danny boy, there's no other place I'd like you to be at right now than Brondby. You deserve nothing but the best. x

Embedded image permalink


No comments: