Primary 3......... that was the year I was chosen when I went for the trials for that CCA. I didn't thought any great of it, just another sport to me. And I was partially involved in Brownies too. But as time goes on, I gradually drifted from Brownies, and netball became a huge part of my life... It was a fun sport, I hated the trainings. We had to run rounds and rounds, and did all those sit-ups, oh and I remember the skipping ropes.... even after the run we had to skip at least 500 times. Oh training was tough.... but it was the games that kept me going. And yeah, I found my spot in the team. I was a... center.
Centers are awesome pawsome! To me of course... because we get to run round the whole court, except the semi-circle. I loved running and being involved in every little thing. As time passes, I guess I was somewhat Captain of the team. But I know there the rest of the team-mates who were much better. You know... we had this chemistry because we played alongside one another for so long that we could read every move and the passes were always smooth. I could remember my allies clearly. My GA, GS and WA. I personally thought we were a great time, we never made it that far. Top 8 was the best we went, but it was an awesome experience.
I could remember in 2006, when I was Primary 6, that Hougang center, she played dirty, shoved me to the ground and the referee was like.... didn't care. I fell flat, knees on both sides were badly scraped. Blood was flowing, and that feeling of just getting hit hard and falling down placed in a state of shock. The game went on, and I just found strength to stand up and I ran to play on. That was because it was 3/4. And it was ending in 3 mins... I knew the moment the whistle blew, I allowed myself to fall to the ground. It was intense, the pain... but my coach told me to hang on, and I did. I got the wounds firmly wrapped and continued with the remaining quarter. I am glad I got the chance to complete that match. I wouldn't forget the way my team-mates cared for me... After that day, there were many matches and my knee barely healed but I still trained and played. Wouldn't claim I'm the best center but hey, I was injured yet selected for the team, how would you think my skills are?
From that day on, I learnt one thing, playing dirty. Well in one way or another, when opponents just lightly give me a touch, I'd pretend to fall. And I get the throw in... Hahaha. Centers... must have stamina. And trust me, I had lots of them... USED TO.... Now, I'm just a dead pig. Primary school netball days was the sex. Best times of my netball times were there and I would never forget them.
When I proceeded to Secondary school, naturally netball was my choice. I loved netball. And I fought for every bit to be in the team and all. I was chosen, we had matches, it was great. I was the selected center, I guess I was good. Training as I always said was tough...... But I persevere.. Till..... the very day I decided to quit netball. I had issues with the team-mates. I just couldn't click the way they did. It was tough hanging on to a whole group thinking differently from you. There wouldn't be any chemistry in the team. THAT... was one of the largest mistake of my life. But I don't regret it... I just wished I could have done better.
Netball was my passion.... primary school I thought, maybe I could be a part of the national team one day.... maybe I could play netball even when I grow up. Well all these hopes and dreams just went away. I quit netball because I couldn't fit in. And I'll say again, it is tough. Everyday I can't help but wonder what if I stayed in there... what ifs...
Now that I'm in poly, I wanted to join netball. BUT, I'm now already very rusty... I haven't been playing it for a bit and I haven't been training. All you can see from a fit girl is flabs of fats around her. Ugh. I don't know??? I love netball. And I wished I had the courage to return to it, just the touch of it will make me feel alive again. I used to be a sports girl, a runner, an athlete. But that's gone... it was all the used to bes...
Regrets of my life... I love netball. But I guess I'll leave it as a part of my past and not bring it up again. I'll never forget how it feels to run around with that touch of the ball in my hands, and as Captain.
xxx
Random pictures, more to come in the next post:



No comments:
Post a Comment