
2010. Football, or soccer as you call it, was stupid to me. I often thought, what's so exciting about 11 men a side running around the field trying to get the ball? And every time my dad wants to watch soccer, I'd tell my mom "Sigh... he's watching it again" I mean after all, 1 hour and a half of small figurines running around your television screen? I totally had nothing for it.
Not until the world cup, I supported England. Because I was really a newbie on this whole soccer thing, I supported them because they had the EPL stars. Not at least until the final, when I watch Fernando Torres played. It was a mere few minutes and he was rolling on the field claiming of a hamstring tear. I thought "Funny guy". Then, I started to google about him, and then know that, he's a liverpool player. As I read on, I was so interested in him, I threw away Hardy, I threw away Bieber. I had my heart set on him. Because of Torres, I started to study on Liverpool. To know about it's history, and then knew who Bill Shankly was. And because of Torres, I loved Liverpool. I felt that Liverpool was like "where I belong" the club that I should support. And so because I wanted to know more about football, I started watching all sorts of them. La liga, suzuki cup, the Yog cubs, S-league. I tried to learn about the ways of a football player, what is considered an offside, to learning when goalkeepers can pick the ball up with their hands and not, when the forwards can defend, and all sorts of rules. I learnt them all and am still learning. I did all these for what? For Torres.
You can never imagine what an impact Torres has on me. You think this is some kind of emotional plea or whatever you call it. It isn't. I just want to say that I'm talking or even speaking football because of the sole reason, Torres. Else, I bet I'd have thought, "Transfer then transfer, no big deal, why make a big hooooo-haaaaa outta it?" It's just kinda sad that Torres made me developed this liking for Pool then leave for Chelsea. Perhaps you'd think it's easy for me to just support the club he's playing for cos after all Chelsea are one of the teams I'm a-okay with. No. How could I? The feeling of just being with that bunch of friends that are kopites too, and the feeling of saying "we" as part of Anfield.
I don't blame Torres though. I read articles on how Rafa cheated him. LOSER MANAGER. Plus, Hodgson. It's okay, really okay. Steven Gerrard should leave too, if he want's trophies, go to Barca, go overseas, explore. #justsaying. So yeah a couple of anonymous was asking me questions on formspring like who I am going to support and all, well..... to make an official clarification,
I am supporting Torres, still of course. But as a player. So, definitely when he's playing games, I hope he'll score goals, and I hope that makes him happy. BUT, no I'm not gonna be a Chelsea fan. I am still a fellow kopite! ~You'll never walk alone~ hahahaha.
WELL, I hope the crazy fans of Liverpool of Torres, will stop criticising him, and even saying what "he'll walk alone"? LOL. Does that mean all players who Join LFC can't leave? LULZ. Joke. Torres will do just fine at Chelsea. He has world class standards. And, it does hurt me that he's part of the blue's nine. AND THAT CARROLL HAS TO REPLACE HIM SO QUICK, but all's well. Liverpool will do just fine with our new two addition Suarez and Carroll and Torres will do just fine at Chelsea.
Speaking about Suarez, I think he has been tremendously overshadowed by Torres' transfer. Give him the due spotlight. We, are gonna kick The Blue's ass on 6th Feb! Till then! xx



No comments:
Post a Comment